Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Cascade"

This is "Cascade". It is 12" square and is made from a piece of my hand marbled fabric, which I have machine stitched and embroidered. The border is commercial fabric. I made this specifically for the SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) 2010 Benefit Auction, which is an on-line auction beginning on Monday, September 20th, at 2:00 Eastern time.

Several friends suggested that this looks like cells or some other microscopic image. "Cascade" is the first word that came to me. I used copper metallic paint to marble this particular fabric.

I enjoy working with my marbled fabrics, and I have lots of them. Have to get busy and cut into them, something I have a hard time doing. This, of course, makes them too precious. Not a good thing if I want to use them to make quilts! Have lots of plans.

1 comment:

  1. Franchi,

    Love your work, I hope you continue to post to your blog, I'll be watching. Thank you, Pat

    ReplyDelete